Author Topic: Wtf? in VC  (Read 3980 times)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Wtf? in VC
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »
Surprised I didnt see anyone else at this VC spot Sunday night, it was just me. Didnt get a bait in the water till 8:30, so that only left 2 hours to make something happen. Conditions were all good, high tide wasnt till midnight so had sand to fish on. It was calm enough I could see something was just twitching or picking at my bait. Reeled in after 20 min soak and saw nothing but bones left pf my half mack...repeat, reapeat, move 200 yards, still nothing but bones left of my baits.Sherriff cleared me out at 10:15  >:(...stopped at a beach on the trip home just to look how much sand it had at a big high tide and stumbled into the most epic grunion run Ive ever seen....soooo many fn grunion up on the beach. Thru a plug for 15 minutes, got no love. Then like that they all were gone, not a trace of the thousands that were just up on the sand 2 minutes ago..It was tempting to grab a cooler full for bait but I used some will power and maintained, I wait till next month for that

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Wtf? in VC
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
Pretty cool.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 10:51:06 PM »
Lol, that's what happens to the VC spot around this time of year. It gets infested with crabs or lobsters. From now on you usually won't be able to keep a bait on for more than 15 mins without it getting stripped to bones.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 05:53:24 AM »
Great read Joe and I would have loved to see that grunion run.  Bummer on the lack of grinners, but I think they may have hiding down here.  I can't imagine that spot up in VC won't take long to heat up though!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 08:47:24 AM »
Great read Joe and I would have loved to see that grunion run.  Bummer on the lack of grinners, but I think they may have hiding down here.  I can't imagine that spot up in VC won't take long to heat up though!
I'm almost glad I didn't beach a grinner because I'd probably been PO'd, as was camera-less for the session. :-[ While I was soaking I was already cussing WMB for initiating the mandatory photo policy for the boards. >:( :D...Hence the non photos of the grunion run as well...

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:11:18 AM »
I'm almost glad I didn't beach a grinner because I'd probably been PO'd, as was camera-less for the session. :-[ While I was soaking I was already cussing WMB for initiating the mandatory photo policy for the boards. >:( :D...Hence the non photos of the grunion run as well...

WMB has initiated many policies it seems.  LOL

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
Damn Joe that sucks. Was it the usual spot? Sometimes a jump to the next beach north gets you away from the crustaceans but takes a little longer to catch the target! You'll get em next time! Haven't been out since I've been working my ass off to make enough money to cover getting hitched later this year! :D :'(

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Bummer to hear about all the bait stealers Joe!  I was hoping you'd have some sharks on the sand this weekend!

Adam, Congratulation Bro!!  Shark fishing bachelor party maybe??  ;D

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
Damn Joe that sucks. Was it the usual spot? Sometimes a jump to the next beach north gets you away from the crustaceans but takes a little longer to catch the target! You'll get em next time! Haven't been out since I've been working my ass off to make enough money to cover getting hitched later this year! :D :'(
Your ass should be getting as much time on the sand as possible in too in that case, once your hitched, time on the sand is going to be known as "the good ole days", look what happened to Ray  :o  :o :D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »
Your ass should be getting as much time on the sand as possible in too in that case, once your hitched, time on the sand is going to be known as "the good ole days", look what happened to Ray
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
Ray who?  ;D

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
Luckily she thinks our amateur biology inspections are something to be admired. Been 8 years my girlfriend through thick and thin, I'm also going back to school to finish my marine biology major. None the less we all need to make it a point up here to meet up. Ray, Eric, Verne, you guys need to come up too! I remember before yall's shark cherry were popped :D!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 06:39:29 AM »
Ray who?  ;D

As in Bat Ray?  Is there a ray on here?   ;D