Author Topic: Friendly Reminder  (Read 1607 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Friendly Reminder
« on: June 29, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »
With the increased numbers of local Great Whites and more people with eyes on them, there is also more awareness of anglers trying to target them.  This is specifically stated as a "No-No" in DFW's rule book and I'm sure they are checking this site (along with other sites that target sharks) on a daily basis.  It was a cool and neat thing to pop up a few years ago, but now people are taking advantage of the situation and all it's going to do is turn out bad for someone. 

I know I sound like a broken record at times, but I think occasional reminders help rather than hurt the situation.  I'm not here to slap anyone's hand, but remember that you know your responsibilities as an angler when you purchase your license.  This has just came up recently with the dead Great White on the beach as I believe they are investigating if this was a fishing incident.

Thanks for reading and sorry once again to bring it up, but I feel compelled to mention it when I get contacted by concerned parties.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Reminder
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 08:55:27 AM »
Also remember, what each of us does, not only affects ourselves, but has the potential to affect many others as well as the whole fishing community. 

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:58:26 AM »
Thanks for the post Tom, and don't worry about sounding like a broken record on this.  Please don't target GW's, and if you truly do catch one by accident, follow the DFG rules when you release it, and lets keep the pics off the forum.  The bragging rights are not worth putting our future fishing privileges at risk.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
You never know what's going to bite on a 20/0+ size hook with a bait the size of a child's basketball?  Everyone knows that's a B.S. argument.