Author Topic: Pre-Birthday Buddy Fishing (2/20)  (Read 1925 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Pre-Birthday Buddy Fishing (2/20)
« on: February 21, 2023, 08:27:27 AM »
My best friend and I get together once a year to celebrate our birthdays, go fishing, go to some concerts, and drink copious amounts of booze with our friends.  Yesterday was fishing day!

Well, the weather was cold, but nice.  Sea conditions were 2-3' at 14 seconds with 1-2 wind waves.  The wind was supposed to kick up to 20 knots by the afternoon, so we had to get it done early.

We started at MB and PB looking for bait.  Plenty of fin bait, but cold and dirty water with a really strong current.

Moved to LJ looking for squid, but found mountains of macks.  We probably caught 100 in about 30 minutes, but had no room in the freezer and baitwell, so just had some fun on the light gear.

All of a sudden we were picking up 2-4 bass on each sabiki drop and just had a little fun with the small irons.

We moved up to blacks looking for halibut...  Nothing but dirty water.

Tried TP and moved up to Delmar for some more bass before heading back when the wind kicked up.

That goodness the wind was at our back on the way home, but we didn't see any real signs of life on the long run back.  We stopped and dropped some macks at some rocky hard spots hoping for a CPR ling or halibut, but only some bass trying to choke on these big macks.

Oh well, no big game to be seen anywhere and the current and conditions deteriorated quickly, but a fun way to start the birthday week.

Tonight we are going to see Rotting Christ with Carach Angren, UADA, and Gaerea.  I'm getting a little old for some of these concerts, but once a year is still pretty fun.  I plan on spending my birthday tomorrow recovering from all the pollutants I'm going to have in me and possibly playing with new fishing gear.

Well, until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Birthday Buddy Fishing (2/20)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
Too bad about gamefish not wanting to play, but that sounds like some unforgettable sabiki fishing!

Happy Birthday Tom!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 01:11:51 PM »
I got a few years on you and have darkened the door of a few punk shows lately. Mostly stay out of the pit these days though.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 06:12:46 AM »
Happy Birthday my man
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »
Finally we get to see a picture of your "friend." He seems to smile a lot, maybe because he is going to have your hands on his hips later on tonight.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 04:52:44 PM »
Finally we get to see a picture of your "friend." He seems to smile a lot, maybe because he is going to have your hands on his hips later on tonight.

😆 🤣 😂
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 08:06:35 PM »
 Happy Birthday, another trip around the sun 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 06:33:48 AM »
I'll be taking you on the boat next!  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 09:08:10 AM »
I'll be taking you on the boat next!  ;D

I will wear steel underwear.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)