Author Topic: Backgammon (5/17)  (Read 2225 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Backgammon (5/17)
« on: May 17, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
I grabbed a few light line rods and headed out first thing with a mission in mind...  Top-water corvina - then bass/halibut  -  then soak for croaker and head home by noon.  That was the plan at least anyway.

I got down to the bay to see an event had a road closed and I had to find somewhere else to go.  I got to plan B with a lot of bait action on the surface with some predatory V's in the water. 

First cast on the Spook Jr and I catch a needlefish.  Not a good sign.
I continued to attract needlefish before I heard and saw the big blow up on my top-water.  Problem was, he missed all of the hooks.

Lot's of butterfly impressions around also.

It was a bummer I missed my only legit blow up, but that's the way it goes. I spent the next hour looking for bass and halibut to no avail.

I drove to a few spots just to see people fishing there and decided to just go and soak a few light line long rods with some market shrimp.  It was just plain stupid back there.  20?  25? tiny sh!t sharks.  Just like the other night, but even thicker!

On one of the twenty something sharks, I feel the shark get really heavy and bounce a few times!?!?  WTF?!?  It came loose and I reeled in the micro shark.  It looks like a halibut tried to pick him up on the way in!  Great teeth marks!

I cast a swimmy out there and had no takers...  Back to the micro sharks...

I get a call from my old buds, Roger and Dave. We decided to meet up with them for a little bass session on the other side of the bay. 

I got a nice spotty in the first dozen casts.

Dave follows with a legal calico!  It gave Dave a little tussle there.

After a little shuffling on the rocks, Roger gets on the board with a nice spotty!  It was pretty chilly down there, but shirtless Roger bared through it.

Fishing seriously slowed, so we headed over for some beers and some backgammon.  Fun way to end the morning and back in time to watch the games.

Crazy amount of tiny sharks in the water, but all in all, it was a fun trip.  Time to start working myself to bigger game.   8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Backgammon (5/17)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
Great session. Legal calico is pretty sweet from the bay.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »
Nice morning session man...I keep telling myself I'm gonna dedicate a trip to light tackle fishing, maybe one of these days

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Those impressions are neat

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 09:51:11 PM »
Dave making an illegal move and Roger checking the rule book? ;D

B_Litz

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:11:31 AM »
That smoothhound definitely looks like it got attacked by something. Interesting marks on it.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:02 AM »
Those little sh!tz will grow up and get meaner some day ;D Backgammon is a fun game, double 6's rule 8)