Author Topic: Shaking Off The Rust (5/9)  (Read 2045 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Shaking Off The Rust (5/9)
« on: May 09, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »
My back was starting to act up on Friday night, so I pretty much called off my Saturday morning plans to do a little bay fishing.  Of course, I woke up wishing that I went but an opportunity wound up coming up anyway.  Little Dave  said he was going to fish the bottom of the tide, so I met up with him to see if anything was biting after the rains.

It was a tough start for me.  Dave caught a few bass, but pretty much hooked all that bit his swimmy.  I on the other hand was afraid to swing back with a big hook set and instead tried reeling in on the bites to hook them.  I was a little rusty as I was pretty good at farming all but one.

Dave's first bass.

I found a 4 oz lead on the sand while casting as well as quite a few Sailor Skeletons on the beach. (Velella velella)

I did wind up with a better hook up ratio at the end, but my back was stiffening up and it was time to call it quits.  Dave has a bad back too, so I knew I couldn't overdo it fishing with that guy!  lol

We hit a few spots and it was all a scratch at best.  Lots of activity going on down at the bay.  Races, Strokers, Kayak tourneys or something plus the barrage of tourists.

Nothing big, but we got some fish to the beach.  It felt pretty darn good getting out and shaking off some of the rust.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
Re: Shaking Off The Rust (5/9)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
Way to get out there man. I have two friends who had herniated discs and they ended up fully recovered and are fishing no problem now.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 04:53:28 PM »
So, Dave outfished you? That's more than rusty.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
Cool Sails ...  8)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:55:46 PM »
Baby steps ;)

lamnidae

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:05:46 PM »
You are getting out there which is the biggest step. Swinging on something is so much better than reading about someone else hooking up. Nice looking bass.