Author Topic: Jersey Eric Wanted a Legal Butt (4/3)  (Read 1340 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Jersey Eric Wanted a Legal Butt (4/3)
« on: April 04, 2022, 07:18:38 PM »
So my buddy is in town and we planned a trip.  He heard about the BFT, but since he's a deckhand on the east coast and usually targetting those BFT, He said he wants to get a WSB or legal butt.  In particular a 25# butt... hahahaha, I got you hoss, but would a legal work out?  Answer "yes" as he's been out here over the last 15  to 20 years visiting and has not landed one... Hooked multiple ones, but never got hands on.

We made the run for flatty's in weather that was 2x as bad as advertised. 

Fished hard, but only targeted flatties.

I was the first to strike with a 20"!

I followed up with 3 big sculpin that scared Eric.  He was like "Toadfish!"

We caught a bunch of assorted Calico and Barred Bass, but nothing was wide open, but more of spurts.

We kept power drifting for butts when Eric just said he wants one that we just say "That's a gaffer" and don't have to doublethink it. Well, after losing 6 serious butts with one being a larger model, he finally got the bend he was looking for! 

A DEFINITE No Brainer for the gaff!

He was super stoked, but the nasty wind just picked up and we decided to make the run closer to home just in case.

We stopped at some local spots and got a few dozen releasers... Actually keepers, but wasn't in the mood for extra cleaning.

We didn't have but 6 live sardines left so we decided to head in the bay and catch some spotties to get the bass slam.  They were right where I left them last week.

Anyway, it was a great trip when you get the mission accomplished and it was accomplished.  This is his last week to fish, so he now wants a WSB....  Yeah, no pressure.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Jersey Eric Wanted a Legal Butt (4/3)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 08:49:22 PM »
Nice assortment, and getting the target!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 09:13:48 PM »
 Glad to see the gaff got used and your target was met 8) Looks like Thursday will be nice conditions, you better get a scratchy throat and call your boss ;D ;D ;D

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 09:15:52 PM »
Looks easier than winching up buckets from the deep.