Author Topic: Trout Scouting in September  (Read 2905 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Trout Scouting in September
« on: September 18, 2023, 09:46:37 AM »
Wanted to get in one last trip to the Sierras before Mother Nature flips a switch, so we organized our gear and loaded The Hearse ;D Just Max and I for this trip, it was 1 spinning and 1 fly rod each and a spare for backup ;)

We hit the road at 5am and headed up the 15 Freeway, my Copilot was great conversation for about 30 minutes ::)

Just under 6 hours, we got to Bishop and had to hit the local canal to get a line wet before we went grocery shopping and arrive at my buddy's house at Crowley :)We weren't there 5 minutes and Max is on the Board 8)

We still had time to kill before heading North so we cruised up the Mountain to have a Look See :D Had to wade a bit to get to the fish, the water was FRIGID :o

We kept a few for the BBQ as well 8)

After catching a a dozen or so, Brookies and Rainbows, it was time to get our groceries and fire up the BBQ :) My Buddy's house was just up the 395 from Bishop and across the Highway from Crowley Lake.

Friday morning we went to Tom's Place for breakfast, the local hang out, then Trout Scouting again :)

Found a spot to park on Lower Rock Creek and walked the water looking for fish. Found some nice holes 8)

Hiking, walking and bushwhacking was the name of the game ;D

All the exercise paid off, we always found fish  :)

Some of the places we fished required Billy Goat skills ;D I left that to Max and he always got his fish ;)

Everywhere up there is flowing water, it is just BEAUTIFUL !

Power Plant fishing was cool, their holding ponds were great

Ran into this guy again :o ;D ;D

Well, time to BBQ some Scooby Snacks before our last dinner and chill out before our drive home on Sunday morning :(

Up early and on the road at 6:30AM and my Copilot is off to a great start  ;D

Nice drive back to reality with no traffic to speak of. Had Lunch at Bass Pro as usual before arriving home to cloudy drizzly weather :o

Long post but had to share, will be back again next year. Now it's time to get some blood on The Cyclops ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Trout Scouting in September
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 12:39:55 PM »
Some breathtaking views in there. Thanks for posting the adventure. Killer fishing too.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 05:17:31 PM »
Great post Tim and incredible pictures!

I so need to get up there... just to get out of the rat race for a little while.   I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't been up there before, but it's long overdue.  I'll probably have to wait until the place thaws out next year.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 08:09:52 PM »
Great post Tim and incredible pictures!

I so need to get up there... just to get out of the rat race for a little while.   I'm almost embarrassed to say that I haven't been up there before, but it's long overdue.  I'll probably have to wait until the place thaws out next year.

Yes, there is still snow up top and it will get more this year as well. All the lakes are full and spilling over and the fish are everywhere just waiting to meet you ;D

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 07:40:51 AM »
Once again Tim, thank you for the trip down memory lane.  When I look at the familiar locations (in 25 years I fished all that area), I ask myself how in the h#ll did I end up in LA   >:(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »
Great trip, had no idea to took Squatch with you
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)